After analysing the draft bill amending and supplementing the Law on Income Tax of Individuals, we put forward our comments and the following proposals:
1) not to remove the rent of real estate from the concept of individual activities;
2)not to introduce a new concept of a free profession and apply to them the same tax rate as that applied to other professions;
3) to abstain from imposition of the requirement that VAT payers are charged with income tax on the outcomes or introduce a higher flat-rate income tax for business licences to persons who are liable to VAT; 4
) to accept the provision that the amount covered by employers for health care services provided to their staff by health care facilities be treated as non-taxable income;
5) to retain the current statutory three-year period during which proceeds from the sale of immovable property are treated as non-taxable income;
6) to refuse to treat the past-due debt maturity as a criterion for recognising those debts as bad ones;
7) to include all income when calculating the tax allowance (i.e. the minimum amount of non-taxable income) applied to an individual.